Hybrid Working Solutions: A Step to Flexible Workspaces
Various companies are embarking on a journey of hybrid working. Why? We explain how enabling hybrid working solutions bridges the gap for future workplace needs.
We all are familiar with the saying: the only constant thing in the world is change. And, the last few years have reflected this fact in ways never imagined. Today, the orientation of a workplace does not hold a concrete definition.
Reverting to modern offices pre-pandemic stands unlikely. Hence, people and organizations thrive for better flexibility to adapt to change.
The time to build an effective hybrid work environment is now.
Responding to the new expectations and requirements of workplaces is an important task – with great consideration for the probable employee turnover and drastic effect on the return to the office.
As per Freespace Index, while the majority are only up to a fifth occupied, almost 47% of offices are returning to work. Highlighting the fact: evaluating workspaces with efficient technology is necessary. After that, it becomes easier to track the required data to come with effective hybrid solutions.
How to evaluate workspaces with technology
- Automate workspace availability in real-time. The most significant aspect in the current time is to identify the real-time floor density of a building or a floor, respectively. The first step is to integrate digital signage along with workplace occupancy sensors. This helps to evaluate which spaces are vacant and then they can be utilized efficiently.
- Optimize spaces to meet workforce requirements. It’s necessary to create a flexible solution that sticks by the requirement of employers, as well as employees at scale. Measure the actual usage of any space to plan future designs that combines human needs for efficient workflow as well as for analytics.
- Empower employees to manage hybrid work schedules. Offer diverse options to employees that ensure leverage. People in your organization must be able to find spaces on specific dates and times. The ratio of needful hours and preferable spaces is high. Encouraging hybrid working solutions makes it easier to be flexible at scale, and gel with the current requirements. Another fact is that others should also be able to discover how their colleagues are using their spaces.
What are the technologies that can contribute to creating the best hybrid work solution for your organization?
Hybrid technology solutions include:
- An Employee App – connecting employees and empowering them to plan their schedules alongside colleagues.
- Space Planning tool – managing workspace availability and demand in real-time and within capacity.
- SPOT Platform – a quick and effective solution to managing physical spaces; by type, team, or use-case.
- Sensors – automating space allocation in real-time and generating data on space use.
- Signage – informing space availability, visibility, and real-time information.
- Analytics – a unified platform to validate hybrid design effectiveness across sources for easy decision-making.
As per the studies, 52% of employees in the US prefer organizations to adopt flexible hybrid work. And hence, the challenge is immense.
So, the question remains: how can we improve hybrid working solutions?
Today, technology has already taken over in vivid areas. Once the system of ‘anywhere office’ is in place, the need to estimate the use of workplaces and productivity becomes the next challenge.
Technology is the key to winning back your return to the workplace phase. Implementing the right resources that can benefit the overall organization is a required step – hence, concerning hybrid working, one can make the most of a connected workplace. Above all, the significant aspects being to plan, create, operate, deliver, measure and control.
The agenda of the connected workplace is to bring together physical locations, business assets, employees, and business services all in one space.
The six pillars of creating a connected workplace are:
With this, you start to unlock the answers to your workplace problems.
So, now let’s understand the highlighted merits of connected workplaces.
Connected workplace helps us with an integrated network of systems such as:
- Connective support experience to the employees
- Supportive collaboration
- Agile engineering process
- Focused workflow
- Integrated to meet specific requirements
- One platform for every need
It is vital to note that a connected workforce compels digital transformation. Today, when the core base of progress lies with technology, it is a key step.
Any organization with a will to manage a hybrid workplace will also need to measure their connected workspaces and ensure peak efficiency. Technology is the way.
The benefits of connected workplaces include:
- 17% increase in productivity
- 21% increase in profitability
- 40% reduction in employee turnover
The possible source of upliftment lies within your organization. Get in touch with our team to discover how to implement technologies that will keep every team connected, organized, safe, and enhance their experience.
Employee engagement Hybrid working Sensors Signage