£ competitive + benefis
15th January 2022
About the role
Freespace by Workplace Fabric is a rapidly growing technology company. Our goal is to help our clients to create the most efficient, effective, and engaging working environments. Using patented sensor technology, data analytics and innovative displays, we help our clients to get the best out of their workspace while enabling them to fully understand the utilisation of their office buildings.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will act as the technical liaison between operations teams, engineers and architects, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing solutions supportability.
On a day-to-day basis, you will
- Maintain, monitor, and support the infrastructure environment and/or facilities.
- Supports multiple systems or applications of medium to complex (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility.
- Monitor database and system performance and recommends changes.
- Participate in the design, implementation, and execution of backup and disaster recovery plan for infrastructure solutions.
- Actively monitor and publish the availability plan discussing the ability of the IT infrastructure to meet the availability requirements of the business.
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications.
- Do external breathing and build connect in industry to socialize best practices
- Setup, configure and maintain GIT repos, Jenkins etc. for all cloud deployments
- Develop and maintain the automation scripts using Ansible or other available tools.
Skills and experience
- Exceptionally good understanding and working experience of AWS (Specially EC2, RDS, CloudFront, Lambda, Route53, API Gateway, IAM etc.).
- Knowledge of ISO27001 Compliance and OWASP Standards.
- Hands-on on Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Penetration Testing Tools
- Good to have Certification of AWS Solution Architect.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems
- Minimum 3 years of experience in DevOps/Infrastructure/ Backend
Behaviors and mindset
- Demonstrated curiosity to tinker, troubleshoot, research, understand and solve.
- A keen solution mindset that helps users achieve the best out of a product feature.
- Clarity of thinking and an ability to explain complex logic and reasoning in simple language.
- Convincing and confident with technical knowledge, yet humble and inclusive in getting buy in from clients and partners.
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Extremely client focussed as well as flexible and agile; able to adapt quickly and responsively to client needs.
If you have a passion for delivering fantastic customer service combined with a love of technology then this is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing tech If you are looking for a role that combines technical ability and infrastructure management within a cutting edge, growing Global tech business, then this could be the role for you. If you meet the requirement above, then we’d love to hear from you.
Some of our universal benefits
Depending on position and individual contribution