Full-Stack EngineerApply via Email
Maple Cross, Rickmansworth, UK
Competitive + benefits
31st January 2023
About the role
Freespace is looking for a Full-stack engineer to join and develop our growing Product & Engineering team in this exceptional time for global Real Estate.
Freespace is a global, data-driven IoT organization collating huge amounts of data on a daily basis around the performance of buildings and offices. As people return to the workplace, Freespace is in a unique position to be able to inform our large, global clients as to how their people want to work. This provides invaluable insights to inform future workplace optimization and office design. We help clients make the right decisions that directly impact their sustainability agenda, driving towards net zero and ensuring they attract & retain the best talent.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at the heart of the Product team to shape the solutions we provide clients through our platform to deliver crucial business insights to our clients.
On a day-to-day basis, you will
- As a Full-stack engineer your responsibilities will be to develop our fast-growing Workplace Solutions Team. Working closely as an active team member, having ownership & accountability to develop analytics stories, in delivering timely projects through Scrum.
- Working with product owners and technical program managers to clarify requirements, challenge assumptions to ensure successful executions, and push the client analytics to their best.
- You would be leading a team of front-end and back-end engineers.
- Developing front-end website architecture and user interactions on web pages.
- Developing back-end website applications.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Leading front-end developers, back-end developers, QA team, and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience within the delivery timeline.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Ensuring to deliver timely projects through Scrum.
Skills and experience
- 4 – 8 years experience as a Senior Full Stack Lead Engineer or in a similar role.
- Data processing and manipulation expert.
- Ability to easily comprehend and write complex & efficient SQL queries.
- Ability to understand, design, and fully document end-to-end scalable IoT systems.
- Expert in building Well-Architected solutions using AWS Services (e.g., Lambda, Athena, S3, etc.).
- Experience in developing frontend analytics dashboards using ChartJS (or equivalent charts).
- Hands-on and well-versed with at React and Node.
Behaviors and mindset
- Be passionate about understanding the business problem and using data to tell the stories in delivering solutions that drive client decisions.
- Be creative yet ensure delivery of practical and sustainable solutions.
- Be projects through from conception into production and support, ensuring quality throughout.
- Be an advocate for high data quality standards. Ensure high standards by instilling data quality checks and documentation in work and team practices.
- Be a clear thinker with a systematic problem-solving approach, breaking the problem down into simple achievable and realistically estimated steps.
- Able to challenge designs & solutions in creating the best products.
- Create an open, trusting working environment with open communication and input from all.
- Be unafraid to own mistakes and push their own development as well as their team.
- Always ensure customer priority and focus.
If you are looking for a role that combines technical ability and infrastructure management within a cutting-edge, growing Global tech business, then this could be the role for you. If you meet the requirement above, then we’d love to hear from you.
Some of our universal benefits
Depending on position and individual contribution