Global PR & Events ManagerApply via Email
Remote / Hybrid / Rickmansworth
Competitive + benefits
31st January 2023
37.5 hours per week, full-time, permanent
About the role
The Global PR & Events Manager will service all areas of the business, prioritizing customer communications, events, awards and external PR activity. The Global PR & Events Manager will take responsibility for the creation of the trade and consumer communication strategy and will be required to collaborate with all members of the marketing team to develop and execute across all channels delivering against ambitious objectives.
Freespace’s purpose is to organize the world’s workspaces to make them as hybrid-ready and efficient as possible. We operate in over 150+ cities globally, and our workplace solutions enable organizations to optimize their real estate, facilitate hybrid-working that engages employees, create safe and hygienic environments, inform office design and the drive to net zero.
Key areas of responsibility
- Identification, selection, execution and delivery of events (tradeshows, conferences, webinars, talks, panels, etc.).
- Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet and exceed expectations.
- Managing external suppliers, contractors, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Planning resource requirements, critically reviewing priorities and keeping to project timelines delivering events according to plan, on time and on budget.
- Critically review priorities to keep to project timelines, providing leadership, clarity and direction to all in-house stakeholders.
- Travelling to on-site locations to coordinate, manage and supervise events when required.
- Ensuring excellent customer experience and quality delivery.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on global event success, with input from the Sales teams, against KPIs.
- Monitoring and reporting on competitor activity and relevant industry trends, events and opportunities.
- Managing internal business related coms to update, educate and inspire the rest of the company.
- Manage internal content distribution across PR and events success.
- Raise POs in line with the agreed budget.
- Working with the Marketing Manager to include PR and event material in the wider marketing calendar.
- Co-ordinate PR and events content distribution, with the support of the marketing team, for Social Media channels – currently Twitter, LinkedIn, Vimeo. Implementing internal email campaigns.
- Support in articulating a PR strategy agreed with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify, shortlist, and recommend best media opportunities in line with Freespace priority topics.
- Ensure successful PR execution by working with the PR agency and relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Managing the distribution of brand assets and guidelines to key media contacts, with the support of the marketing team.
- Coordinate and prepare press meetings and speaking opportunities.
- Drafting media materials and briefing documents, including researching media, writing biographies ahead of interviews, early draft press release etc.
- B2B PR campaign management worldwide, and specifically in UK, EMEA, APAC and US.
- Monitoring and reporting on press coverage worldwide, and communicating coverage to the wider business.
- Develop and maintain relationships with global media to drive incremental coverage.
Awards & other
- Create and maintain an awards calendar
- Manage all company award submissions
- Production of an internal company newsletter
Skills and experience
- A solid understanding of the role that PR and events play in promoting and driving commercial value for the brand.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- A strong interest in technology, commercial real estate, prop tech solutions for businesses.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, are paramount.
- Curiosity and creative.
- Commercially astute.
- Great time management skills and attention to detail.
- High level of computer literacy including the ability to research online and use of Microsoft Suite.
- Flexible, adaptable working style with an ability to learn quickly and multi-task.
- An ability to relate to a very wide variety of people, develop trust, rapport, and long-term relationships.
- Willingness to work outside of hours to accommodate international time zones.
- A passion for PR, communication and marketing in general.
- 3-4 years’ experience of events planning and media relations, including pitching stories to media and managing a budget.
- Social media and reactive experience also desirable.
If you are looking for for the opportunity to make an impact in a fast-growing tech company with global ambition, then this could be the role for you. If you meet the requirement above, then we’d love to hear from you.
Some of our universal benefits
Depending on position and individual contribution
+25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)