Freespace case study
This client case study has been written about a £1.4bn international law firm offering legal and tax advice across its network of 17 different affiliated companies, located in 70 offices across the globe.
Freespace has helped an international law firm harness the power of occupancy sensors to create a clean and sanitized environment for employees. Providing affordable, targeted, and focused cleaning for staff as part of a return-to-office solution.
Freespace provides occupancy sensing solutions to their London HQ, with over 700 desk sensors installed across several floors, telephone booths, and meeting spaces. Freespace technologies manage the day-to-day occupancy of their configured office space, providing alignment with user demands and needs.
Industry: Legal services.
Deployment size: 800 devices, 7 floors.
Technology: Occupancy sensors, cleaning reporting module.
Solution: Return to office.
- Flexible working early adopter.
- UK post lockdown 1 & 2.
Freespace case study
The international law firm sought Freespace’s help in developing management response to the Covid-crises in early 2020. Their main focus was to facilitate a safe, compliant and orderly return to office for key and essential workers as part of a flexible approach to hybrid home and office working.
The law firm required focused and targeted cleaning and compliance measures for a smaller subset of essential employees. To give them the necessary assurance that it was safe to return to office and those spaces would be clean and sanitized.
Return to office
Facilitate a safe, compliant and orderly return to office for key and essential workers.
Providing necessary assurance that spaces would be clean and sanitized.
Enabling users to find out information about a space allowing navigation and feedback.
Monitoring of workspace use to identify patterns, and generate occupancy reports.
Freespace case study
Freespace designed a social distancing solution alongside the law firms’ requirements, reinstalling occupancy sensors to create a safer environment for employees returning to the office:
- The configuration of the working environment included socially distanced desks, and meeting spaces, with live sensors feeding into the Freespace reporting and analytics platform.
- The occupancy sensors enabled constant monitoring of desk and meeting room use, providing the law firm with usage data, patterns, and occupancy reports.
- Facilities teams used occupancy insights in real-time to support a proactive and dynamic approach to cleaning and sanitization.
- Visual data exports show the facilities team when and where each space was occupied and Freespace’s daily cleaning report directed cleaning programs and schedules. This enabled the law firm to clean used areas each day, with real-time cleaning interventions, as required, for meeting spaces. With this data, the client scheduled enhanced deep cleans for all used spaces over the weekend, reinforcing the daily cleaning and control measures.
Focused and effective return to office solution
Freespace and the international law firm successfully integrated sensor data to provide a focused and effective Covid cleaning and sanitization policy.
High office occupancy and compliance
More than 95% of essential staff now regularly attend the office, reporting high levels of confidence and satisfaction with the safety and compliance measures put in place.
Efficient and enhanced cleaning
The standard office cleaning policy is now significantly enhanced – with spot and deep cleans at a fraction of the cost, saving thousands on existing cleaning budgets reserved previously for ‘blanket’ and untargeted cleaning approaches.
Download the case study
Want to see our technology in action?
Get started with Freespace
Whether you are researching workplace technologies or at the stage where you want a formal response, we are here to help. We can digitize your workspaces, increase employee collaboration, deliver meaningful insights and more. Let’s get started.
Build your requirements
In less than two minutes you can build your workplace requirements and one of our experts will be in touch with your tailored response.Configure
Request a demo
Choose the solutions or technologies that you would like to explore, request a demo, and we will arrange a time that works for you.Request
Submit an RFP
Tell us more about your formal process and upload a supporting document. We look forward to helping you achieve workplace success.Submit